Metedeconk River Yacht Club was founded by a group of devoted yachtsmen in 1936. The primary purpose for which the club organized was to advance the sport of yachting and to promote the social enjoyment and good fellowship among its members. Today Metedeconk River Yacht Club remains one of the finest venues for sailing in Ocean County, New Jersey.
Metedeconk River Yacht Club started out in a small boathouse on the north shore of the Metedeconk River. As the membership expanded, the founders purchased its present site on the south shore of the River in 1963. Shortly thereafter, a clubhouse was built on the property, along with the installation of a bulkhead, docks and slip area; an inground pool was installed in 1972. As the membership grew, a pool house was built and the main clubhouse has since been expanded three times, the latest being 2001. In 2010, after several years of fundraising and hard work by the membership and the Executive Committee, the Andrew Brennan Memorial Junior Sailing Center was completed to foster and house the club’s extensive junior sailing program. Metedeconk limits its membership to 235 families and is an active member of the Barnegat Bay Yacht Racing Association.